We at Mint Dental Alaska in Anchorage, practice family dentistry because we know that dental care is important for people of all ages.
Family Dental Services
Everyone, young or old, just growing teeth or needing replacements, needs a dentist, and we provide dental care for families in Anchorage accordingly. Family dentistry is for everyone in your family!
We customize our service for each member of your family, as we understand each age group has different needs, concerns, or dental fears.
Children and Toddlers
- Baby Teeth: We are able to make sure your child’s smile is healthy and that teeth are growing in correctly and spaced evenly, hopefully avoiding expensive braces later.
- Cleanings: Teaching your children good brushing and flossing habits early in life is extremely important, and we can help!
Teens and young adults
- Wisdom Tooth removal: Due to the recovery time normal with this surgery we try to work around school breaks to give teens time to heal before returning to class.
- Athletic Mouth Guards: Many competitive sports in high school require the use of a mouth guard. For them to fit properly it is a good idea to consult your dentist.
- Oral Examinations and Teeth Cleanings: It is extremely important for young adults to develop good dental habits by the time they have the full set of their adult teeth. Regular visits and cleanings can re-enforce these habits.
For the whole family
- Tooth Extractions: When a tooth has become significantly damaged it may need to be removed rather than fixed.
- Root Canal Therapy: We will treat and eliminate the infection and apply protection for the tooth so you don’t have future issues.
- Whitening and Cosmetic Filings: Having a bright, white smile is important and we will help you keep your teeth looking their best.
- Dentures and Dental Implants: Dealing with failing or missing teeth with one of these procedures can be a permanent fix to oral health issues.
We recommend starting dental visits at age 3 at the latest. This is when we perform our examination during which one of our family dentists will examine your child’s teeth while making them feel at ease so they’ll feel comfortable visiting in the future.
During your child’s first visit, the dentist will assess their oral health and determine how often they should be visiting for cleanings, exams, and other treatments. Typically, children should have dental cleanings twice per year.
Sealants are a great way to protect teeth from cavity-causing bacteria. The thin coatings placed over the chewing surfaces of teeth reduce the risk of tooth decay in molars. We recommend placing sealants on children’s molars as soon as they erupt in the mouth, and they last for many years before needing to be replaced.